Why join us
The Challenge is the UK's leading charity for building a more integrated society. We work on a local and national level to bring together people from all ages, ethnicities and walks of life, connecting communities and building trust.
At The Challenge our vision, mission and values are at the heart of all that we do. This has created a culture that embodies equal opportunities, respect and a fun work environment. We are dedicated to bringing together a diverse group of people who are determined to make a difference in our society. We look for people who show professionalism, respect, empathy and trust - qualities which are very important to us. The Challenge offers a sense of belonging for those who are just beginning their career, all the way through to experienced candidates who are looking to take their next step, while contributing to our our national programmes.
Year round roles
At The Challenge we recognise that people are central to our success. We are focused on nurturing an environment where our people are rewarded for their contribution to our organisation and aim to provide the best possible workplace. The Challenge offers a range of benefits including a SimplyHealth cash back plan, Ride 2 work scheme, pension, childcare vouchers and life insurance.
Choosing a career at The Challenge means you will join an organisation that supports your development and provides opportunities to take part in rewarding work that is always interesting and allows you to grow. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace, there are tremendous opportunities for individuals to develop and progress. We help employees achieve their goals and realise their potential by offering a range of Learning & Development interventions, which cater for differing levels of experience and abilities.
We are a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer and employ over 700 staff across London, Manchester, Preston, Leeds, Reading, Epsom and Birmingham. Please see below for your next career opportunity.
- Assistant / Associate Manager – Business Development and Account Management, Work Placements
- Customer Service Calling Agent
- Customer Service Calling Team Leader
- Delivery Assistant Programme Manager (NCS)
- Graduate Programme Associate Manager
- Head of Brand and Marketing – 12 month maternity cover
- Learning and Support Coordinator (Apprenticeships)
- NCS Assistant Account Manager - Birmingham
- NCS Assistant Account Manager - London
- NCS Assistant Account Manager - Preston
- NCS Sales Administrator - Epsom
- NCS Sales Associate - Birmingham
- NCS Sales Associate - Epsom
- NCS Sales Associate - London
- NCS Sales Associate - Reading
- NCS Sales Delivery Associate - London
- NCS Sales Delivery Associate - Reading
- NCS Senior Sales Manager
- Recruitment Associate
- Sales Calling Team, Team Leader
- Work Placements Project Manager
The success of our NCS programme depends heavily on our seasonal staff members, who work with our young people to motivate, lead and inspire them.
We offer a mix of residential, non-residential and community-based roles, and a handful of in-house roles throughout the summer and half-term programmes, providing the perfect opportunity for you to top up your income over the holidays. Roles range from four days to four months, and most roles have the flexibility to fit in with your availability.
Full details of our summer programme and the jobs available can be found at ncsthechallenge.org/jobs.